The Old Packhouse Market philosophy is founded on the following principles:
- The Market is not and does not aim to be an “Authentic Farmers Market”, but is a market where consumers are able to buy a wide range of FRESH produce and be sure of where the produce comes from and how it is grown.
- The Market is a place where growers/ artisans and final consumers meet and deal directly with one another; i.e. consumers purchase fresh produce sourced directly from the grower or farmer.
- The Market allows local people to buy local produce.
- The Market is predominantly for growers who grow produce in the local Northland area.
- Relations between growers and final consumers are open, honest and display integrity of purpose of the Market.
- Ingredients used in cooked or processed products sold at the market will be sourced locally, spray free or organic, wherever possible.
- Importantly, the market is a meeting place for the community, where locals and visitors alike are able to enjoy some great Northland hospitality
The Market also provides an opportunity for the talented artists and crafters of Northland to display their artisan products.